Wednesday, April 29, 2009

It finally happened…

A Eulogy for my Camera

“Oh, Olympus FE-100!  My trustworthy companion of years past.  How I will treasure your countless assists, from capturing installation photos to launching my shops.  How I lament that I shall never again see your digital face. How I wish I could take back all the times I berated your lack of speed when attempting to photograph wiggling toddlers, or cursed your outdated nighttime flash technology.

So long were we together!  Your painted icons scraped off long ago (good thing I memorized your button layout).  I’ll always recall how you constantly demanded to be fed fresh AA batteries, turning up your nose at the rechargables I offered.  Your energy vampirism will be ‘affectionately’ remembered.

But alas, you will zoom no more.  Even your triple blink, that feeble whisper in the dark, has faded.  I never had a chance to tell you just how I felt, or ask you just what on earth that little flower button on your side was supposed to do.

So, dear Olympus, I send you on to with honors to that Great Recycling Box in the Garage.  <sniffle> You will be missed.”

 

So, yeah.  My camera’s gone and died on me.  Needless to say, this will have some impact on blog and site updating until I can get myself a new one, so bear with me.  I’ve got my eye on one of those Canon Powershots…

No comments:

Post a Comment