Sunday, March 22, 2009

A nice surprise

Rumplestiltzkin spun straw into gold.

I, apparently, spin doodles into tea.

I came home from a long work day and checked my Twitter feed to find this:

52teas @melusian Congrats on winning a free pouch of our Vanilla Bean Chai. You can see your artwork now at http://www.52teas.com

Last night I dashed off some mini art and and sent it in to Zoombweebie’s Tea of the Week label contest. I love chai, and I love drawing Eastern motifs, so I figure why not?

Maybe my art skills kick butt. Or maybe I’m the only person who entered the contest. I dunno. I don’t care. Either way, I’m getting some free linkage/publicity out of the deal. And the knowledge that a little doodle of mine is hiding in tea cupboards all over the country.

And of course, some free tea. Oh baby.

I’m a tea addict, and this guy knows how to make some knockout chai. I have a tiny bit of the limited edition butterscotch chai left that I’m hoarding like gold.

If you like tea or wacky flavored things, check him out.

vanilla-bean-chai-52teas

I don’t win stuff much. It’s nice. I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment